Universities and Schools
Arles à la carte offers two types of programs for universities and schools: French intensive and Subject based faculty led programs. Both require the collaboration of an accompanying professor and offer a choice of French classes, subject-based classes, accommodations (host families or hotel accommodations), workshops and guided tours as well as 24-hour on-site assistance. The specificities of each program type are as follows:
French intensive programs
Based on active language learning, French intensive programs use an array of teaching styles both inside and outside of the classroom. From French grammar and culture classes taught by native Français Langue Etrangère (FLE) professors to conversation classes that actually get students talking, from interactive guided tours of the local monuments and museums to tasting aioli or other local dishes during our language lunches, c’est en français, s’il vous plait!
• Language courses are organized by student level and taught by on-site and/or accompanying professors.
• Language lunches with professors and staff give students another opportunity to speak in French and discover Provençal cuisine.
• Host families enable students to learn about French households, cooking, etiquette and typical dinner conversations first-hand, all in French!
Designed to get students out of the classroom and literally into their field of study: from archaeological discoveries in the Rhône to wetlands research in the Camargue, from international photography exhibitions to Picasso’s fascination with bull fighting…
• Courses are enhanced by extensive field study sessions held in local museums and on research sites and led by local experts in English or French.
• French language courses can be provided at all levels for those groups wishing to combine language learning with their subject of study.
Write to Arles à la carte’s Director Katie Thornton for a personalized program proposal and budget today !